Recently while implementing Knowledge for one of my customers, I spend quite a good amount of time doing operations on Knowledge Articles through Flow. This post will focus on two highly used Knowledge Article operations i.e. Publish and Edit.
Before I go into further details, I will highly recommend you go through the below post to understand the Knowledge Data Model. Understanding Knowledge Data Model is the key as it will help you to use these actions in flow effectively and correctly. Here is the post –
With the assumption that you know Data Model quite well, let’s dive in –
Edit Knowledge Article
- Action – The possible values are
- “EDIT_AS_DRAFT_ARTICLE” and
- Unpublish – “True” will archive the current published version and create a draft version. “False” will keep the current version published and create a new draft version.
- Article ID: Article Id of the master published article. A draft article will be created from this one.
Publish Knowledge Article
- Article Version ID List – This is the list of article version ids. In your flow, you need to query and store the version ids in a collection and then use that collection here.
- Publish Action – Possible values are
- PUBLISH_ARTICLE – This will replace the existing online article.
- PUBLISH_ARTICLE_NEW_VERSION – This will create a new online version.
- Schedule Publish Date – You can schedule the publication by entering future dates.
Other Knowledge Actions
- Archive online knowledge articles
- Delete Knowledge Articles
- Restore archived knowledge article version
- Submit Knowledge Article for Translation