In this post, I am going to show you one of the most powerful AppExchange flow solutions built by Salesforce Labs. If you ever needed to display a collection of records in some format, mostly in datatable format to the user and provide options to the user to select records from that list and finally perform some actions based on those selected records, then this AppExchange pre-built flow solution is your going to be your friend. 😃
The name of the solution is Flow Datagrid Pack. With this solution, you have the power now to display your collection of records in three different formats –
- Data Grid – Basically displays the records in a multi-select datatable.
- Tile Grid – Displays in multi-select (configurable) tiles format.
- Map Grid – Displays multi-select markers on map where you need to display records on the map. Ex: Display a list of accounts in Ontario within the map.
Solution – Flow:
Fetch Associated Contacts
Loop Through All Contacts and Store Contact Ids
Display All Contacts in Datatable
- ID List: Here I am using the collection variable I have created in an earlier screen which stores all the contact ids.
- Object API Name: I am using Contact here as object name. You can literally work on any standard or custom objects. Note – With External objects, this solution is not working as of today.
- Field API Names: I am using the API names of the fields which I would like to display inside the datatable.