Happy Wednesday!! I am happy to announce that I have cleared my Sales Cloud Consultant certification exam last week and that is my 11th Salesforce certification.
In this post, I am going share my study notes hoping that it will help others.
Before going into more details, let’s quickly understand what this certification is all about. Here is what we have from the Salesforce Exam Guide –
With that quickly review of the exam outline –
My two highly recommended study guides
The first thing that you need to complete is this Trailhead trail. This is must as it covers everything is a very structured way. Below is the link of the Trailhead trail
Focus On Force
I highly recommend Focus On Force’s Sales Cloud Consultant Study Guide. They explained all the important concepts in a very easy way with lots of visuals. Visual representation always seems very helpful to me to understand the concept. You can go for their Sales Cloud Consultant Certification Practice Exams as well. The practice exams helps me to understand the sections where I need to put more focus while studying.
My study notes
Read it from here
Common Sales Productivity features
- Salesforce from Microsoft or Google Applications
- Email Templates with Merge Fields
- Salesforce App
- Includes articles from last 30 days.
- Available on Business accounts, contacts, leads, and in the home page.
- Articles come from reputable english-language news sources.
- Lightning Dialer
- Einstein Activity Capture
High Velocity Sales (https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en/content/learn/modules/high-velocity-sales-for-sales-reps)
- Sales Cloud Add-ons for insight Sales team.
- Let managers use Sales Cadences to create custom Sales Processes that guide sales reps through handling different types of prospects.
- Those cadences appear for sales reps in the Work Queue, a task list that appears inside the Sales Console.
Gmail integration (https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en/content/learn/modules/gmail_integration) Outlook Integration (https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en/content/learn/trails/outlook_gmail_integration)
Utilize Salesforce features like Console, Mobile App, Chatter, Work.com and email tools to improve Sales Productivity.
Measure Sales Productivity by analyzing metrics related to the Sales Process, such as number of Sales Activities
Improve adoption by training, improving data quality, using automation and providing access to reports.
Measure Sales Cloud adoption by analyzing metrics related to usage, business performance, and data quality.
Salesforce Mobile Apps
- The Salesforce app allows users to select ‘Evaluate this account against territory rules on save’ when they edit the account from the app.
- Sales users can access opportunities assigned to their territories in list views named ‘My Territories’ and ‘My Territory Team’s’ filter.
Email Productivity Tools
- Outlook Integration
- Gmail Integration
- Lightning Sync
Email Template Difference between Classic and Lightning
- In Salesforce Classic, email template folder access can be Read Only or Read/Write and shared with Public Groups, Roles, Roles & Subordinates, territories, territories & subordinates.
- In Salesforce Lightning, email template folder access can be View, Edit or Manage and also shared with public groups, Roles, Roles & Subordinates, Territories, Territories & Subordinates.
- In Lightning Experience, users can search for email templates using the search bar or the navigation pane on the left.
- Calendars can be shared with Public Groups, Roles, Territories and Users. Bu default, there is no sharing.
The attendees field can be users, contacts, person accounts and leads. When using attendees field, Lightning Sync is required in order to send invitation to individuals and receive their response.
- If any file is associated with calendar invites, then everybody part of that invite will be able to access the file.
- Resources needed for the event like computers, projectors etc can be booked in calendar events as attendees.
Salesforce Classic → Recurring Events. Lightning Experience → Event Series.
- ‘Log Email’ can be used to relate emails to Salesforce leads, contacts, person accounts and other records.
- Person Accounts
- Salesforce → Gmail : Google Contacts
- Gmail → Salesforce : Not possible
- Contacts in Gmail → Contacts in Salesforce
Outlook Integration/Salesforce Add ons
- Outlook integration allows Salesforce add ons in Microsoft outlook.
- It can be used to view accounts, contacts, leads, and other Salesforce records related to emails.
- Email coming from unknown address, can be turned into Contacts, Leads or Person Accounts.
- Can create an email and relate existing Salesforce records while creating the email.
Emails can not be turned into Contact records automatically. Schedule email is not supported, but Outlook Integration with Inbox supports this.
- Records can be created directly from outlook by using the ‘Add to Salesforce’ link or the navigation menu.
- Outlook doesn’t support creating Person account.
- ‘Exchange to Salesforce’ will allow syncing contacts created in Outlook with Salesforce contacts.
- Synchronizes Contacts and Events between Microsoft or Google email applications and Salesforce.
- Sync Directions. Bi-directional or Uni-directional.
- Person Accounts can be synced with Google Contacts or Microsoft Contacts.
- Private events can be synced as well.
- Events can be linked with Salesforce records automatically.
- Sync repeating events between Lightning Experience and Microsoft Outlook by enabling ‘Sync event series’ under ‘Event Filter’s in the sync configuration.
Google Sync: Sync Direction: Both Way or Salesforce to Google:
- Can add, edit or remove attendees.
- Let attendees sync between Salesforce and Google.
- No ability to relate attendees to multiple events.
- Not possible to sync recurring events.
- Sync events between Salesforce and Google Calendar.
- Filter can be used to limit the events to be synced.
- A checkbox can be selected to allow users to delete already synced events.
- Outlook Sync:
- Sync both ways can add and edit attendees. Lightning Experience or Mobile App can be used to edit an event or add/edit attendees.
- Event organizer and anyone above in the role hierarchy can add or remove attendees.
Sending Emails from Salesforce
- Bounce warning can be displayed next to the email address and in the activity timeline if the email to contact, lead or person account is not delivered.
Bounce management can be activated in’Deliverability’ Settings under the ‘Email Administration’ section, while bounce information can be displayed by enabling ‘Enhanced Email’.
- In Lightning Experience, Sales reps can create and send a list email which sends an individual email to each recipient in the list.
- Multiple contact or lead list views can be added to a list email.
- Campaigns and individual campaign members can be added as list email recipients.
- Automatically relate emails send from external email applications to Salesforce Lead, Contact, and Opportunity records.
- Special email is inserted in the BCC field which sends the copy to Salesforce.
- Email is added to the Activity History related list of the record whose email address matched with the email address mentioned in To or CC fields.
- If no match found, then email is added to the ‘My Unresolved Items’ page.
- Email can be related to a specific record if the record ID is there in Subject or Body of the email.
Email Opt Out
- Used to determine which Salesforce emails external customers will receive. This can be implemented with ‘Email Privacy Settings’ or without.
- Records with ‘Email Opt Out’ checkbox checked cannot receive any mass emails (Salesforce Classic), list emails (Lightning Experience) or individual commercial emails (UI independent).
- Commercial Email: Marketing Promotions
- Non-Commercial Email: Billing Statements and Support Case Notifications.
- Users with ‘Send Non-Commercial Email’ profile permission can send non commercial emails for records where the Email Opt Out is checked.
- Customers will still receive system emails.
- Email Deliverability → Enforce email privacy settings
- Data Protection and Privacy → The Individual object stores customer’s wishes and linked that with Contact, Lead or Person Accounts.
- Record Detail Page:
- Email Opt Out: Will not receive any email. Non commercial emails can be sent to this person if the sender is having ‘Send Non-Commercial Email’ permission
- Don’t Market: Can only receive only non-commercial emails.
- Forget this individual: Will not receive any email. Preference to delete records and personal data related to this individual.
- Don’t Process: Will not receive any email. Preference to not process personal data, which can include collecting, storing, and sharing personal data.
- Don’t Track: This person doesn’t want their interactions with emails tracked.
- System Permission → Send Non-Commercial Emails
Email Activity Capture
- Allows emails and events that agent send and receive to be automatically associated with related account, contact, contract, lead, opportunity and any quote records in Salesforce.
- Contacts and events are synced between the connected accounts and Salesforce.
- For Salesforce for iOS and Android, we can use connected app attribute to control access.
Work offline feature is enabled when caching and offline edit are enabled in the system.
- Content Delivery
- Allows to easily convert Microsoft Powerpoint or Word doc into web-base version for easy online viewing
- Once delivery is created, you can send the encrypted link to any recipients like leads, customers, partners and colleagues. Also track how often the content is viewed or downloaded.
- For sensitive information, access can be removed by setting an expiration date, optionally require a password, choose not to Allow Recipient to Download.
- The easiest way to share a file to a customer is via email generated from a content delivery.
Ex: When you want to share the sensitive file re: opportunity and want to make sure only users with access to the opportunity can see the file, post the file to the record feed.
- Chatter Files
- Required login(Chatter License).
- If feedback and collaboration is needed, chatter is better option that Content.
- Users with Standard profile are allowed to edit their own post as most of the standard profile is having ‘Allow users to edit posts and comments’ enabled by default.
- Users with custom profile require ‘Edit My Own Posts’ profile permission.
Files can be shared with selected users, groups, or the whole organization. Files can be made Private or Shared internally or externally via link.
- Which Salesforce feature allows feedback to be requested and offered?
- Which feature can be clicked on Leads tab to send an email to multiple leads from Salesforce?
- Mass Email Leads
- With Email-to-Salesforce, where emails will appear in the Salesforce related records?
- Activity History
- Which feature will allow reps to take notes from Sales console in Classic?
- Interaction Log
- Which option in Salesforce App Settings allow users to select items that should be available for offline viewing?
- Offline Preferences
- Follow-up events can be created in Lightning experience to follow up on an existing task. Key information is copied from the original task. Location/Map can be added to the event, which is not possible in tasks.
UI Update Based on Data Change
User interface will be updated in real-time when the data changes in Salesforce. No page refresh is needed. Platform Event, Streaming APIs are mainly used.
An external system can be brought inside Salesforce by giving the feeling that external system is part of Salesforce. Canvas or Salesforce Connect/External objects can be used.
Salesforce can be connected to External Service providers to retrieve, create, update or delete data, such as credit information.
It is a feature within Salesforce which will help the declarative tool to connect to External endpoints and bring its logic into Salesforce.
Integration link (Formula Field)
Formula field can be used to initiate call to external system. With formula field we can pass session id to the external system so that it can connect to Salesforce.
At the same time with formula, we can pass parameters which is needed to access data from the external system.
Data Migration Tasks
- Identification of Stakeholders
- Data Analysis
- data and System Preparation
- Data Migration Testing
- Final Data Migration and Validation
Huge Data Migration – Division
- Divisions are mainly used to partition the data.
- Divisions can be assigned to users or to other types of record.
Integration between Salesforce orgs
- Data Virtualization: Data from another Salesforce org can be accessed without actually transferring the data. Salesforce connect can be used here. Writable External Objects can be used to allow users to update record which is stored in another Salesforce org or External system.
- Data Management: SOAP or REST APIs can be used to actually transfer data between Salesforce orgs.
- Query big objects with SOQL or Async SOQL
- Big objects ends with __b
- Database.insertImmediate can be used to create records in Big Objects through Apex.
- Async SOQL:
- Execute multiple queries in background asynchronously and monitor their progress.
- You can’t use trigger, process builder, flow with Big Objects.
- Upto 100 Big Objects in an org.
- Supports only object and field permission.
- Once deployed, you can’t edit or delete custom index. Need to start from the beginning.
- They support custom lightning or visualforce components, rather than standard components.
Account and Contact Management
- Account related objects → Contact, Opportunity, Order, Contract, Activity
- OWD Settings →
Order and Contact→ Controlled By Parent, Private, Public Read Only, Public Read/Write Opportunity and Contract→ Private, Public Read Only, Public Read/Write Activity(Task and Events)→ Controlled By Parent(Allows account owner to view, edit and report on activities), Private (Allows account owner to view and report on activities)
- Access using Roles →
- Contacts and Opportunity
- OWD “Controller By Parent” → Nothing possible
- OWD “Private” → View, Edit or No Access
- OWD “Public Read Only” → View or Edit
- OWD “Public Read/Write” → Always View and Edit
- Account Team
- Provide access to Account and related records (Contact, Opportunity and Case) to the account team members.
- Account Access → Read or Read/Write
- Related Record Access → Private or Read or Read/Write
- Ownership Change
- Transfer an account → Possible by record Owner or any users above record owner in the role hierarchy.
- New users needs atleast read permission to account and related objects.
- Account-Contact Relationship
- Roles → Indicates contact’s role with Account
- Direct → Indicates whether the account associated with the contact is the primary account.
- Account Hierarchy
- Can be enabled in Account Settings page
- Person accounts are not supported.
Territory Types – Used to group territories and will have Priorities.
Territory Model – Upto 4 Territory Model can be created, but only 1 can be active at a time.
Territory Hierarchy – Create Territories from here and Territory Types will be used.
Account assigned to Territories → “Run Assignment Rule”
Opportunities assigned to Territories → “Run Opportunity Filter” → Apex class
Territory Model States:
- Default access can be specified how users will access records associated with territories →
Account(View/View+Edit/View+Edit+Transfer+Delete), Opportunity, Contact and Cases (No Access/View All associated with Accounts/View and Edit all associated with Accounts) (OWD should be Private)
- Territory level access will overwrite the default access.
Flow to create Territories
Territory Types (Includes Territory Priority) → Territory Model → Individual Territories for that model → Territory Account Assignment Rules → Preview Account Assignments → Active the model → Assign users to Territories
List of Users assigned to Territories
The ‘Users in Assigned Territory’ related list can be added to the Account page layout which will show all the users assigned to the territory in which the same account belongs to.
Territory Management for Forecasting
Collaborative Forecast forBoth supports Quantity and Revenue forecasts. Opportunities by Territoriesand Product Families by Territories (These are forecast types).
- Forecasts can be viewed for the territories that the user is assigned to.
- Territory forecast is based on Territory hierarchy not based on role hierarchy.
Forecast Manager should be assigned to each territory for which the forecasts need to be rolled up. If there is no Forecast Manager, then a territory’s forecasts are based on individual users assigned to the territory.
Territory Sharing Feature
- Only Forecast Managers can share their forecasts with other Salesforce users.
- Sharing option → “View Only” or “View and Edit”.
- Sharing Rules can be setup to share records owned by members of a territory or to share records within the members of the territory. Ex: sharing rule to share opps owned by Canada Reps(Canada Territory) with the US Reps(US Territory).
- Territories can be assigned to a public group or queue making territory users members of the group or queue.
- Contacts from different Accounts can be added to the Opportunity and can have different roles. Contacts can be added from the “Contact Roles” related list in Opportunity.
- In Lightning, Contacts from the Account will be auto populated in the Opportunity and then you can change their roles.
- OpportunityContactRole is the object which stores the information. You can add custom fields, page layouts, validation rules, Apex triggers etc.
- Forecast Category
- Pipeline → Amounts from all open opportunities.
- Best Case → Amounts from Closed, Closed/Won and in Committed Opportunities.
- Commit → Amounts from opportunities with high likelihood of closing.
- Closed → Amount from Closed/Won Opportunities.
- Omitted → Amount from Lost Opportunities.
- Product Schedule
- Quantity Schedule
- Revenue Schedule
- Quantity and Revenue Schedule
- Price Book
- If the price book for an opportunity with products changes, all the products will be deleted from the opportunity, but the value in the Opportunity’s Amount field remains.
- A price book that is in use in any opportunities, cannot be deleted, but it can be archived.
- One price book can hold prices in different currencies.
- Opportunity currency is tied to the currency of the associated price book entry.
Assets – Things to remember
Read it from here.
Read it from here.
Forecast vs Pipeline
Read this article.
- Read the question carefully. Sometimes answer lies in the question itself.
- Do not spend too much time in single question
- If not sure about any questions, just mark them for review and move to the next question.
Best of luck to you.