In Winter ’19 release, Salesforce introduced Action Plans for Financial Services Cloud. It captures repeatable tasks in templates and then automate the task sequences with an action plan.
Example: Processing Loan application, Customer on-boarding process etc. It will also give you the option to create reports and dashboards to monitor progress and ensure compliance.
It consists of three parts –
Action Plan Template: Power consistent customer experiences with configurable task templates.
Process Automation: Increase productivity by automatically generating tasks with due dates and role based assignment.
Plan Execution: Drive collaboration and complaint task completion with analytics and enforcement of required tasks.
Let’s explain in details –
Action Plan Template
An action plan template is nothing but a list of tasks to complete a business process. In a template, each task is given a priority, the deadlines (the number of days in which it should be completed – data offset), and who is responsible. Then this action plan template is used to create action plans with each task assigned to a user with a completion date.
Below picture will give you a great view of Action Plan Template and Action Plan –
Now let’s start creating one Action Plan:
- Permission Set: You need to assign permission set – ActionPlans to the users. Without this permission set, you will not be able to assign action plan task to those users.
- Extra Permission: You can provide below standard object permission so that users can edit and delete action plans-
- Action Plan: Read, Create, Edit and Delete.
- Action Plan Template: Read, Create, Edit, Delete and View All
- Status Field Required: This is required to accurately track and report on action plans based on their status. Set the Action Plan Status as mandatory field in Action Plan layout.
- Action Plan List to Account Page Layout: Add action plan related list in Account Page layout.
- Action Plan Lightning Component: Add the Action Plans List – Financial Services Cloud Lightning Component in the page in a separate tab.
- Setup Nonwork days: Use this option to skip nonwork days when setting up the task completion dates. To do that, you can set the Business Hours and setup company-wide holidays.