First, to start you, you need the Salesforce Advanced Administration Certification guide. You can download the same from here. The exam format is –
- Number of questions: 63
- Type of questions: Multiple-Choice
- Passing Score: 65%
- Time: 90 Minutes
So basically you need to answer ~41 questions correctly.
Note – You need to clear Salesforce Certified Administration Certification before this certification.
I followed the below strategy by reviewing the certification guide and bucketing the items based on their weightages. This is the formula I followed, topics with more than 10% weightage are my priority items and rest of the items are kind of last minute items to check.
With the above strategy, I came up with the below list –
- Security and Access
- Sales Cloud Applications
- Service Cloud Applications
- Data Management
- Change Management
- Analytics, Reports and Dashboards
- Process Automation
- Extending Custom Objects and Applications
- Auditoring and Monitoring
- Forecasting (Collaborative and Customizable Forecast): You will get some 4-5 questions regarding this concept. I started with the Youtube video here. Apart from this one, I watched the Youtube series – Use what you pay for. This video will tell you the differenced between Collaborative and Customizable Forecast. You will 100% get questions regarding this.
- Territory: Watch the youtube video here. Also, read the Salesforce documentation – Territory Management.
- Reports and Dashboards: I just studied the trailhead section here. For Dynamic Dashboard, watch the Youtube video here. For Cross Filters and Joined Report, watch the Youtube video here. You need to read Analytical Snapshot, PARENTGROUPVAL and PREVGROUPVAL.
- Security: This is a huge topic. I started with Trailhead module on Data Security. Watched Shell Black’s Whiteboard Series. Read Permission Set Consideration, Control Who Sees What, Delegate Admin.
- Product and Price Books: Read my previous blog posts – Products and Price Books in Salesforce, Relationship between Product, Price Book and PricebookEntry, Product Schedule in Salesforce. You need to understand how cloning of Product works in Salesforce as well.
- Quotes: I read the blog post – Salesforce Quotes Part I – Overview and Key Fields, Salesforce Quotes Part II – template Design and Limitations.
- Change Management: I read the Trailhead module – Change Management.
- Data Management: Again Trailhead module – Data Management.
- Data Modeling: Trailhed module – Data Modeling.
- Process Automation: You will get many questions from this section. So make yourself comfortable with the concept. Read my blog post – Choose Correct Process Automation Tool, Choose between Apex Trigger and Lightning Process Builder. You can read the Trailhead module as well – Process Automation.
- User Management: Trailhead module – User Management.
- Salesforce Ben’s Advanced Admin Quizz
- Shell Black’s Sample Questions
- Quizlet – I Mock Questions
- Quizlet – II Mock Questions