- Products are represented by Standard Object – Product2.
- PriceBooks are represented by Standard Object – Pricebook2
- Each Pricebook can have zero or more entries. Each of these entries are stored inside the Standard Object – PricebookEntry. Each entry in PricebookEntry defines the cost of the products in a particular currency.
- These three objects – Product2, Pricebook2 and PricebookEntry will only be available if Product is enabled in the organization.
- PricebookEntry is the junction object between Product and Price Book.
- OpportunityLineItem is the junction object between Opportunity and PricebookEntry.
Below is the flow diagram depicting the process to load Products and setup PriceBook through API.
I hope this post will help you to understand the relationships between these objects. Please provide your feedback. Thanks.