Idea is a community for users where users can post, comment, vote for Ideas. Salesforce offers Idea community at https://ideas.salesforce.com.
Below are the user permission required –
- To view and vote for Ideas – “Read” on Ideas.
- To create new Idea – “Create” on Ideas.
- To edit Ideas and edit comments on Ideas – “Edit” on Ideas.
Few Important Terminologies used in Ideas –
- Category, Ideas – Categories are values defined by Administrator that help to organise the Ideas into logical sub-groups.
- Comment – As name says, this is basically the comments posted against Ideas that enable discussions.
- Community Expert – A community expert is a member of the community who speaks for the organisation. When community expert posts a comment or idea, a unique icon displays next to his/her name. There can be multiple community expert.
- Demote – If an Idea is not good you feel, you can click dislike button to subtract 10 points from its overall score. It decreases the idea’s overall popularity.
- Promote – Promoting an Idea will add extra 10 points to the overall score.
- Half-life – This is the concept which will determine how quickly the old ideas are moving from the Popular Ideas subtab to make room for Ideas with more recent votes.
- Idea Themes – It is a forum in which you invite community members to post ideas about specific topics.
- Point – It determines the popularity of the Idea. Each vote for an Idea is worth 10 points.
- Status – It helps to track the progress of Idea.