Introduction to WSDL –
- The public interface to the Web service.
- The protocol to be used for exchanging information (SOAP).
- Enterprise WSDL – Strongly typed representation of an organization’s data.
- Partner WSDL – Loosely typed representation of an organization’s data.
- This is strongly typed.
- This is tied (bound) to a specific configuration of Salesforce.
- For any changes (Addition or Deletion of Custom Objects/Custom Fields) WSDL should be copied from the organization again.
- The enterprise WSDL is intended primarily for Customers.
Partner WSDL –
- This is loosely typed.
- This can be used to reflect against any configuration of Salesforce.
- Partner WSDL is static. So if any changes are made to an organization’s Salesforce, partner WSDL should not be changed.
- The Partner WSDL is intended primarily for Partners.
In my next post, I will explain how to configure eclipse IDE to connect to Salesforce using Java programming language. If you have any feedback, please let me know. Thanks.