Salesforce reports are a great way to view and analyse data. If you’re new to Salesforce reports check out our Introduction to Salesforce Reports. Salesforce dashboards and charts are a helpful visual representation of your reports. Since dashboards and charts are much faster to look at and understand than reading a report they come in handy.
TYPES OF SALESFORCE CHARTS
There are a few different ways that you can summarise data with Salesforce charts. Depending on the type of data you have there are a few different charts you can use.
- Vertical and Horizontal Bar Chart (Use horizontal bar chart to compare more groups than vertical)
- Line Chart (best for showing data over time)
- Pie / Donut Chart (Both are used to compare a group of data to the total. Donut Charts show the total in the middle)
- Funnel Chart (best for sales opportunities)
- Scatter Chart (Helps to visualise the correlation between values on a report)