|Salesforce User License|
While making myself prepared for Salesforce Administration Certification (ADM 201), I came to know that Salesforce is having many license types and it makes me confused. So I though of keeping notes of different license types as I study/understand them.
Salesforce’s User Licenses are used to give access to the data. The license type determines which profiles and permission sets are available to the user.
To view a list of active user licenses in your Salesforce org, click Setup | Company Profile | Company Information. You will find something like below –
Below are the Salesforce User Licenses –
Let me put descriptions about few commonly used User Licenses below –
- Salesforce – It provides full access to standard CRM, custom apps/AppExchange Apps.
- Salesforce Platform – It provides full access to Custom Apps and core objects (Accounts, Contacts etc.). But it will not provide any access to standard CRM (so no Opportunities, no Forecasting).
- Force.com – One App – It provided access to one custom app and read only access to core objects(Accounts, Contacts etc.)
- Knowledge Only User – It provides access to Salesforce Knowledge apps only.
- Chatter Free – It provides access to Chatter to the people within the organisation without Chatter license. So no additional cost is required.
- Chatter External – It allows customers to use Chatter group. No additional cost is required.
- Chatter Only – It provides access to Chatter to the people within the organisation without Chatter license + access to accounts and contacts. Additional cost is involved here.
Note: Click here to understand –
- Guest User – For each Guest User license, you can develop one public website for your organization using Force.com Sites. Websites created using Force.com Sites are hosted on saleforce.com’s servers.
- Authenticated Website – Platform portal users have this license and it allows users unlimited login to the platform portal to access customer support information.
- Click on Setup | Manage Users | Users
- Click on the user name
- On the User Detail Page, select the checkbox next to the feature license you want to enable for that user.